Penile PRP Injection for male sexual enhancement*
“Using growth factors from your own blood to give you stronger, firmer erections, increased penis size, and increased sensitivity”
Penile PRP is an in office medical treatment designed to improve sexual performance and pleasure. As men age, erectile dysfunction becomes more and more common. 50% of men over age 50 and 60% of men over 60 suffer from erectile dysfunction. While ED is more common with advanced age, it affects men of all ages. Just because ED is common, does not mean it is something you have to live with.
There are many causes of ED including:
- Heart problems, such as high blood pressure and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- Diabetes (between 35% and 50% of men with diabetes get ED)
- Some medications for blood pressure, anxiety, and depression
- Nerve disorders, like Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- Hormone problems like low testosterone
- Mood problems such as stress, anxiety, and depression
- Smoking and drinking alcohol
- Certain types of prostate and bladder surgery
Treatments for ED were previously limited to medication and penile injections taken each time before intercourse, vacuum erection devices, and surgery. Now with platelet rich plasma, or PRP, there is a safe, natural way to get lasting improvement in sexual function. PRP uses the patient’s own blood to help restore blood flow and sensation to the penis.
Benefits from the penile PRP injection
- Stronger, firmer erections
- Easier to achieve and maintain erections (i.e., improved sexual stamina)
- Increased penile length and girth
- Improvement in or resolution of penile curvature from Peyronie’s Disease
- Resolution of penile pain with erection
- Increased sensitivity in the penis
- Better overall blood flow to the penis
The technique is done in the office and is virtually painless.
First, a topical numbing cream is applied to the penis. The patient’s blood is drawn and spun down using a specialized piece of equipment called a centrifuge to separate the red and white blood cells from the portion of the blood rich in platelets. This plasma, which is now concentrated 5-7 times the platelets in whole blood, is then activated with calcium, resulting in the release of 8 different growth factors that help regenerate tissue and bring new blood flow to the area. The activated platelets are then injected using a tiny needle into specific areas of the penis allowing the growth factors to distribute evenly.
Following the procedure a VED, or Vacuum Erection Device, is applied for about 10 minutes. The VED is sent home with the patient and will be used for a few minutes twice daily. The VED is essential for achieving optimal success from the procedure.
There is little to no downtime following the procedure and because we are using your own blood, the procedure is extremely safe. You may resume sexual activity about 4 hours after procedure on the same day if desired.
Every patient’s results will vary slightly because of their health and genetics, but a 10 to 20% increase in length and girth is commonly reported. The increase in girth will likely occur first, followed by increase in length.
The procedure is unlikely to work well for smokers. The poisons in the cigarettes will kill the growth of the stem cells that are recruited and fertilized by the PRP.
The full regenerative effects of the procedure happen over a few weeks to a few months, as your body grows new cells, but some of the benefits start immediately.
On average, benefits from the procedure last about 12 to 18 months at which time the procedure can be repeated. Results may last longer depending on age and individual health and genetics.